The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ) community faces many challenges regarding their overall health. As a health provider, increasing your knowledge, understanding and awareness of these challenges might translate into better health care provided to your patients. HIV prevention, gender surgery issues, abuse and discrimination are only few of the topics included in this course. Earn CME credits.
Members of the SGM (sexual & gender minority) community might face difficulties while seeking health care and at times health outcomes for these patients do not reach the same levels of their straight and cisgender peers. Sadly, the reality is that they might struggle in finding doctors who are knowledgeable enough about their issues. This curated CME course will provide an overview of the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities. Here you can learn about the health disparities across sexual/gender minority communities, HIV prevention, multiplicity of identities, and medical & surgical care for the transgender community.
Start today and expand your knowledge on LGBTQ health, diversity and inclusion can help physicians and the care team provide better care for their patients. Topics you will learn about as a part of this online CME course include:
1. Spectrum of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity / Health Disparities Across Sexual/Gender Minority Communities – To become familiar with the range of sexual orientation & gender identities and understand health biases across sexual/gender minority groups
2. Medical Care of the LGBTQ Community: HIV Prevention – To recognize the importance of HIV prevention and overall medical care of the SGM community
3. Affirming Medical & Surgical Care for the Transgender Community – To increase awareness of medical & surgical care needs of the transgender community
4. Developing Inclusive, Diverse & Welcoming Clinical Environments for LGBTQ Providers & Patients – To better understand patient & gender bias and provide more compassionate care
5. Social Determinants of Health – To gain a better understanding of social determinants of health and how each can impact health outcomes
The LGBTQ Health, Diversity & Inclusion CME is an online course designed for all medical professionals who would benefit from expanded learnings on alternative lifestyle medicines, including physicians who specialize in HIV, internal medicine, gynecology, pain medicine, pediatrics and surgery. Physicians can earn up to 27.25 CME credits.
For over 170 years, the AMA has worked to advance the betterment of medicine of public health. To provide physicians and other medical professionals with comprehensive, current and informative education, our CME about LGBTQ Health, Diversity & Inclusion features education from a variety of trusted sources and journals, including the JAMA NetworkTM, AMA Journal of Ethics and more.
You currently have no searches saved.
You currently have no courses saved.