The National Asthma Education and Prevention Program (NAEPP) of the NIH has updated its guideline recommendations for diagnosis and treatment of asthma patients. Michelle M. Cloutier, MD, from UConn Health, Stephanie Lovinsky-Desir, MD, of Columbia University Irving Medical Center, and JAMA Associate Editor George O'Connor, MD, MS, from Boston Medical Center join JAMA's Q&A series to discuss what's new, including revised advice about
• Use of intermittent inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs)
• Use of add-on long-acting muscarinic antagonists (LAMAs)
• Use of fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO) measurement as a diagnostic biomarker
• Monitoring response to therapy
• Indoor allergen mitigation strategies
• Safety and efficacy of subcutaneous and sublingual immunotherapy
• Use of bronchial thermoplasty
Recorded December 8, 2020
Subscribe on your favorite podcast source to receive future episodes of this podcast.
Learn more about this JAMA Network podcast here
JN Learning™ is the home for CME and MOC from the JAMA Network. Search by specialty or US state and earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ from articles, audio, Clinical Challenges and more. Learn more about CME/MOC
You currently have no searches saved.
You currently have no courses saved.