Coronavirus testing, mortality, vaccine development, containment vs mitigation, and more. Anthony S. Fauci, MD discusses the latest developments in the global spread of COVID-19 and the SARS-CoV-2 virus with JAMA Editor Howard Bauchner, MD.
- What's the difference between COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2? (01:15)
- What's the status and accuracy of diagnostic testing in the US? (01:58)
- What's the case-fatality rate for the virus? (05:31)
- Scientific advances and vaccine development (25:06)
- Are current clinical trials providing a picture of treatments? (13:41)
- Risk communication: how do we present information so there's faith that it's accurate? (15:24)
- Risk groups (children, the elderly, pregnant women) (16:26)
- Containment vs mitigation vs quarantine vs isolation (19:10)
- Protecting the elderly and nursing home resident (23:52)
- Public health prospects in Latin America, Africa (26:35)
- Will coronavirus wane in warmer months like influenza? (27:52)
- Why is anxiety so high about this disease? (29:19)
- Does the US have capacity to care for COVID19 infection? (31:03)
- What is your daily schedule like? (32:23)
JN Learning™ is the home for CME and MOC from the JAMA Network. Search by specialty or US state and earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ from articles, audio, Clinical Challenges and more. Learn more about CME/MOC
You currently have no searches saved.
You currently have no courses saved.